Shop by Price
As the climate changes, and the weather warms, ants invade homes and gardens. Not only can termites be extremely annoying; but mosquitoes carry mosquito-borne diseases including the Zika Virus and West Nile Virus, just to name a few. And, what's worse, ants and other termites cause $5 billion in property damage each year!
NPMA and renowned home improvement expert, Bob Vila, offer the following home pest proofing tips (Courtesy of NPMA's PestWorld):
- Conduct an audit of the home’s perimeter, taking note of any cracks, winter damage or termite mud tubes.
- Seal outside cracks, including entry points for utilities and pipes, with a silicone-based caulk.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house and clean clogged gutters.
- Remove rotted tree stumps, keep mulch at least 15 feet away from the home’s foundation and trim bushes and branches away from the home.
- In case of an infestation, work with a licensed pest professional to properly identify the problem and determine the best treatment method.
Ants must be stopped; and that is why Deerbusters offers the most effective insect control products on the market for the general homeowner to use around the house or yard. We carry a full line of clearance ant traps, yard ant killer sprays and more that will have you saying goodbye to ants and other termites for good.