- It's Rodent Awareness Week - Here's How to Keep Critters Away
It's Rodent Awareness Week - Here's How to Keep Critters Away
If you are in the pest control industry, you know firsthand that colder weather means insects and rodents entering households in search for food, warmth and security. And, once they hit home - forget about it. They will chew through electrical outlets; wreak havoc in gardens; and will not leave unless forced out.
Designated by The National Pest Management Association (NPA), Rodent Awareness Week takes place during October 23-29, 2016 in order to create awareness of rodents control to safeguard homes and backyard gardens.
“Although rodents are a year-round problem, we do find that consumers report an uptick in rodent infestations occurring in the fall and winter months,” PPMA Executive Director Cindy Mannes says in a news release. “In fact, rodents invade about 21 million homes in the U.S. each winter, making them one of the most common pests."
There are several rodent protection tactics that you can reinforce including:
- Physically removing them by some means;
- Taking away their source(s) of food [in-and-around gardens];
- Using rodent repellents inside the home and your outside garden;
- Regulatory Control/Pest Extermination Measures