- Prepare Vegetable Gardens For Winter
Prepare Vegetable Gardens For Winter
Winter can be challenging for growers if they do not prepare their gardens for the snow and extreme swing in temperatures. There are many winter gardening tasks that gardeners must perform to continue growing and protect the existing plants.
Here are the top tasks that gardeners must implement in November:
- Clean up rotting and finished plants
- Remove invasive weeds that may have taken hold over the growing season
- Prepare your soil for spring
- Plant cover crops
- Prune perennials
- Divide and plant bulbs
- Harvest and regenerate your compost
- Replenish mulch
Deer management really should be on this list, as well. White-tailed are scouting around gardens in search for food and they are rubbing their antlers on trees for mating season (going on now). Deer control should be the top task this season to prevent damage in the garden and the spread of tick diseases.