- 15 New Year’s Gardening Resolutions
15 New Year’s Gardening Resolutions
A brand new year is only a few days away and like the members of our deer fencing company, we bet you’ll be making some New Year’s resolutions. If you’re a gardener, here are some great resolutions for you to make for 2014. (And if you’re not a gardener, make a resolution to become one!):
1. Plant some trees or bushes that will add landscaping appeal in the winter.
2. Take better measures to prevent garden pests.
3. Plant something I’ve never planted before.
4. Keep deer away from the hard work I put into my garden.
5. Build a garden path.
6. Regularly clean and take care of my garden tools.
7. Plant the right plants in their right locations to maximize their growth potential.
8. Nurture more plants from seeds instead of planting mature ones.
9. Make my own compost from yard and kitchen scraps.
10. Use more native plants, since they adapt to weather conditions better than non-native plants.
11. Add accent lights to my garden and landscaping.
12. Grow more fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
13. Make the most of rain water by collecting it in a barrel or using a soaker hose to minimize runoff.
14. Plant more stress-reducing flowers.
15. Spend more time in the garden.