Today is Canada's Agriculture Day!
"Let's Celebrate the Food We Love" is the theme for February 16, 2017 Canada's Agriculture Day.
Today is all about showing our love and pride for the farming industry and expressing our gratitude for the food we put on the table.
“Every link in the food production chain – from the farm to the grocery store and restaurant – plays a vital role in bringing food to your table every day,” said Crystal Mackay, CEO of Farm and Food Care Canada. “Canada’s Agriculture Day is an opportunity to get involved, celebrate and be a part of the conversation about food and farming.”
Agriculture More Than Ever offered some suggestions on ways to participate, including:
- Share stories, pictures or create and post a video from the farm
- Host an ag day meal using Canadian ingredients and share online
- Speak at a school or library and share your passion for ag
- Bake and share your favourite recipe and link to Canadian ag suppliers
- Organize a Canadian food appreciation day at your business
For more information check out AgDay.ca, and join the farming discussion on Twitter using hashtag #CdnAgDay.
For deer fence in Canada, visit DeerbustersCanada.ca.