- Living With Chronic Lyme Disease
Living With Chronic Lyme Disease
Chronic Lyme Disease is a pain. Well, it's more than a pain - it's a harsh reality that over 300,000 individuals each year face on a daily basis leaving them weak, sick, and
CanLyme offers tips for dealing with chronic Lyme Disease that may help ease the pain. If you are a Lyme Disease victim, try these tips for healthier and happier living:
- Avoid caffeine or other stimulants that may affect sleep quality.
- Avoid alcohol or use in moderation.
- No smoking.
- Exercise to your ability when possible being careful not to overdo it.
- Modify your diet to include high quality protein and be high in fiber and low in fat and carbohydrates – reduce simple carbohydrates, use those with low glycemic index.
- Get lots of rest.
Lyme Disease survivors are encouraged to join Lyme Disease support groups in their area and share Lyme Disease stories with each other for hope and inspiration. Advocate for Lyme Disease research and education and get involved in community gatherings to spread the word about the disease.
You don't have to suffer from Chronic Lyme Disease alone. Let's work together to spread the word about the illness.