- Thanksgiving Treats Good For Dogs
Thanksgiving Treats Good For Dogs
It may be tempting to feed dogs underneath the dinner table during Thanksgiving, but some Thanksgiving foods are not good for pets. However, there are plenty of side dishes that can be given to dogs this Turkey Day that are considered safe and healthy treats for them.
- Turkey breast - without the fatty trimmings and skin.
- Vegetables - raw broccoli, cauliflower, celery, carrots and sweet potatoes without jams, jellies or butter.
- Cheese - in small amounts.
- Stuffing - without onions and garlic. Onions can cause anemia in dogs*
It's best to treat dogs to Turkey Day foods in small doses to see how their bodies react to the foods. Happy Thanksgiving 2019, to you and your four-legged friends!