It's National Pet Day!
Posted by Jennifer Smith on 11th Apr 2018
Held annually on April 11th, National Pet Day is a time for pet owners and animal enthusiasts to come together to show appreciation for pets of all kinds.
Pets are always there for us - whether its a shoulder to cry on; someone to confide in; or simply someone to play with. There are many ways to get involved this Pet Day including:
- Volunteering at a no-kill animal shelter
- Adopting a dog or cat from a local humane society or animal rescue;
- Buying your pet a new dog or cat toy;
- Build pet fencing in the yard for convenience and security;
- Bonding with dogs - taking pups for walks, jogs or hikes.
It's time to show how much we care for our pets. Show them some love today on National Pet Day. Follow the conversation on @Deerbusters Facebook using hashtag #NationalPetDay.