- Pet Owners: Big Or Small Dogs?
Pet Owners: Big Or Small Dogs?
Sixty-Eight percent of American households own a pet; and it's no wonder why. Most pets, such as dogs, are great with children; playful with other animals; and loving among owners. We may think that we are in the era of lap dogs; but the results are in; and Americans prefer bigger dogs to smaller purse dogs.
A survey conducted by "California-based pet care rating and recommendation website RightPet, was conducted online between 2010 and 2018, and examined 23,550 dog breed reviews from 12,167 pet owners from 106 countries." (VMDToday.com)
Here is what the data showed:
- Both men and women preferred large dogs - despite statistics showing that women prefer cats over dogs.
- Men and younger people are more satisfied with medium to large sized dogs. (Could be a complex?)
- Women like that dogs are kid-friendly companion pets.
When thinking about adopting a dog, consider factors such as family, health and lifestyle to find the best dog breed.
- Need dog fencing? Click here to view humane alternatives to electric fence for dogs.