The Importance of Bird Netting
Posted by Shelby Carlson on 31st Jan 2023
Birds are great companions and a source of delight. But as unwanted guests, they could be a source of an unparalleled nuisance too. They come uninformed and can quickly turn your beautiful property into a feeding, roosting, and nesting area. They even damage your crops and gardens and cause problems on your property. But that’s not all. Their droppings are extremely toxic and can lead to more than 60 different diseases – with some of them being deadly.
That’s why, when it comes to protecting your crop, premises, and health, bird netting proves to be your best friend. A simple yet highly effective solution, it offers you the easiest and most economical way to keep the birds at bay. In this article, we’ll look closely at the importance of bird netting and how it can help you protect your crops and premises from bird damage.
What is Bird Netting?
Bird netting, as the name implies, is the use of nets to keep birds out of specific areas of a house, farm, or building. Inexpensive, long-lasting, and easy to install, bird netting can provide you with an instant solution and immediate relief from all your bird problems. Available in different sizes and materials, bird netting finds tremendous use in residential, agricultural, and industrial settings.
Different Types of Bird Netting
Bird netting comes in different types, sizes, and styles. They are made from different materials, including nylon, polyethylene, stainless steel, and more. What you should choose totally depends on your need and budget. Here are the different types of bird netting you can choose from:
Pop-Up Bird Netting: Made of polyethylene, these are heavy-duty bird netting that can withstand harsh weather. These keep birds like pigeons, seagulls, crows, and sparrows out of your berries and greens garden.
Wire Crop Coop: These are low-carbon steel netting that is designed to prevent big birds like hawks from ruining your garden and harming your pets.
Draping Bird Netting: These are UV-protected, polypropylene nettings that can be used as a blanket to create an anti-bird barrier. Just drape them over your fruits and veggies and protect them from birds and other intruders. They act as a great barrier and can also be used to stop birds from entering roofs, warehouses, and other exposed areas. The PVC coating protects the netting from rotting, chewing, and corrosion. It makes them ideal for landscapes that are exposed to extreme weather like heat and rain.
No-Knot Bird Netting: Made of multi-stranded polypropylene fiber, these knotless bird nettings are highly popular among homesteaders, gardeners, and bird enthusiasts due to its ease of use. It ensures high-quality protection from birds and their messes. The netting is highly durable, easy to install, and extremely soft on the hands, which makes working with it easy and pleasant.
Plastic Bird Netting: These super-affordable plastic bird nettings are made from weather-resistant polypropylene plastic. Economical and easy to install, they prevent pesky birds from ruining your gardens, small trees, and bushes. They are lightweight, rot- and water-resistant, and highly durable. At Deer Busters, they are available in different sizes to meet your needs and requirement.
How to Install Bird Netting?
Our do-it-yourself bird nettings are easy to install and can be mounted all by yourself or with a little help from some family member. However, here are a few things that you need to keep in mind before and during bird netting installation:
1. Accurately measure the area to be netted and protected.
2. Cut the mesh as per the size.
3. Follow the instruction manual for precise bird netting installation.
Make sure the netting is well secured from all sides and is tightly attached. This will ensure long-lasting installation and superior crop protection from birds and other pesky intruders. If the netting is not installed correctly, the chances of birds getting tangled and entrapped in it increase manifold.
Importance of Setting Up Bird Netting: Now vs. Later
If you have been considering installing bird netting in your homes, gardens, and around your agricultural land, here are some reasons that can help you solidify your decision:
1. It helps to maintain the beauty of your place: With ‘no’ droppings and bird mess all around, you can keep your garden and the exterior of your house just the way you want. Clean, beautiful, and welcoming!
2. It helps to protect your crops and plantation: If left unrestrained, birds can easily feed themselves on your plants and crops, causing significant damage to them. The bird net keeps them away from your plantation in the most hassle-free manner possible.
3. It protects your garden without harming the bird: Bird netting is a highly efficient and humane way to keep birds away from your gardens and agricultural produce. It not only protects crops but is also an environmentally friendly and safe way to keep pesky birds away from your property.
4. It is a cost-efficient solution to the whole bird problem: Bird netting is not only an efficient but also a cost-effective way to keep birds at bay. They are made of durable and lightweight material that is easy to install, maintain, and reuse. You can easily install it during the spring and take it off in the off-season.
5. It saves you from lots of diseases and infections: Bird droppings are a considerable source of infection. When they come into contact with human skin, they can lead to many diseases like flu, tuberculosis, Lyme disease, and more. By restricting the entry of birds, bird netting can protect yourself and your loved ones from the health risks of bird droppings.
With so many advantages up its sleeve, bird netting proves to be the most economical and eco-friendly bird control solution. At Deer Busters, we offer the best and most reliable DIY bird netting at extremely affordable prices. We offer our products at the best price point, throughout the year, so that you don’t have to wait for off-season deals and discounts.
So why wait? Use our products to protect your garden or birds. Buy now, before birds become a problem and a constant cause of worry!